Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rash

JF has a stuffy nose, a fever, and a rash on his legs & feet. AF is at the ER with him now.

I also have a stuffy nose. Maybe a fever. (I rarely bother to take my own temp.) But no rash.

The house is still not on the market, but a neighbor's friend came over yesterday morning, with his whole family, to look it over. It would be great if we can sell the house without ever putting it on the market, but I'm not holding my breath.

JF's blood has been drawn, in preparation for starting Lamictal for epilepsy, but we haven't heard results yet.

I recently met a nice lady who said she was "made on a Friday." She said she had so many things medically wrong with her, it must have been late on a Friday, almost quitting time, when God made her. I believe that God is all-powerful, and does not make mistakes, but I like that analogy. It works for me, and my son, too!

Parenthood is an adventure.

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog recently. Sorry I haven't had time to comment on anyone else's blog. I've been lurking, mentally sympathizing and celebrating with everyone.

***************

Update: The ER has diagnosed JF's rash as Henoch Scholein Purpura. And the adventure continues!

3 comments:

Kelly O said...

One of my friends' kid just got over scarlet fever. She's fine and it's really not that big of a deal anymore, but just so you know, it's apparently going around! (Really, who gets scarlet fever these days? I thought we cured that.) I hope everything is okay with your little man.

Mom without a manual said...

Wow! That is a bizarre disease that my husband had when he was a kid. He always talks about it. He always talks about how his legs hurt real bad and he tried to tell his parents. They just thought he was exaggerating...we'll he wasn't. Perhaps that is why he talks about it--it is fun to make his parents feel bad!

From what I understand it can morph in various directions as the immune system is pretty weak. So what my husband experienced may be different that what you guys go through.

He did spend a few days in the hospital at one point but rest assured that he came out of it okay! And that was 25 years ago! Medical science has come a long way!

I am sure this is scary but you'll get through it! Keep in touch!

mjsuperfan said...

I wish you luck with all the medical stuff you are dealing with! I haven't read your blog in a little while, and I've missed a lot.

Some people do seem to get more than their share of physical problems! My twins who are autistic also have a weird vascular birthmark problem which means they have mottling on their limbs and torsoes. And they were "monoamniotic", which was really dangerous (tangled cords). I had never heard the "made on a Friday" analogy, but I understand the feeling.

Hope your family is doing okay through all of this. It's got to be tough.

But I have to say, the potty training progress is fantastic!