Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back from Vermont

We came back on Saturday, and I haven't had time to blog. I'm stealing time for this post.

Our vacation was great. We had fun playing in the lakes (Rescue and Pauline). We also enjoyed nearby Bromley, especially the Alpine Slide.

In the comments to my previous post, there were questions about the probiotics blind test. I'll do my best to answer them:
  • We haven't done the test yet because JF hasn't needed any antibiotics yet. It might be months or years before I can report the results, but I will (if I can).
  • The doctor didn't recommend any specific kind because we already had some from Dana Laake's recommendations: Kirkman's ProBio Gold. This is in capsule form, but we open the capsules and mix it into JF's morning beverage.

The house is under contract, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up that it will all work out.

AF and I still have not been able to work out our differences about biomedical treatments for JF's autism, and the stress is starting to disrupt other areas of our lives. So we're planning to see a counselor. We're hoping the counselor can help us work things out. I'm trying to keep in mind that the counselor will have suggestions for both of us (not just for my husband).

I'd like to write more, but I gotta finish getting ready for work.

1 comment:

Mom without a manual said...

I am glad you had a good vacation!

Hang in there on the stress. Hopefully a counselor will help bridge the gap. And yes, the hard part is realizing that there might be things for you to work on as well.

I think I could fill up several sessions on me alone!