Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Friday at 10 AM

The settlement date has, in fact, moved to Friday 8/24/07. However, this time, we have a time-slot! Our settlement is scheduled for 10:00 AM.

This is huge! Until now, the time has always been TBD. I've been told that they don't schedule a time until everything is approved and they are certain there will be no surprises. Even so, we're still doing a 2-day rent-back to avoid moving our stuff before settlement (which would be a risk).

Other updates:
  • I think the fiber and/or the probiotics are starting to help me with what I assume is IBS. I've had two good days in a row!
  • In case you are wondering, we have not tried the probiotics blind-test on JF yet, and we will not be able to try it until he gets sick enough for antibiotics. And I won't be able to post the results of our blind test until after he has been on antibiotics four times.
  • I gave JF a full bath with a half-cup of epsom salts in the warm water (rather than just a foot bath). I put his nebulizer mask on him to deter him from drinking the bathwater, and that helped. (I still had to stop him from dipping his face, mask and all, in the water.) Based on just two uses of epsom salts on him, I think it makes him sleepy 12-36 hours later, reduces the effect of mosquito bites, and maybe improves his immunity. But I'm not sure.
  • My computer is working again. Fixing it involved three separate calls to the number that came with our 3-year coverage, ~$90 at BestBuy, the purchase of an external drive housing, my work laptop's virus-scanning software, and my work laptop's CD-burning capability. I now have all of the files under My Documents backed up on CD, and I plan to back up files every time I do my finances, so if this ever happens again (God please forbid!), I will be able to fix it much more easily.
  • I should clarify something I wrote in my previous post. For most students in Montgomery and Howard counties, school starts on Monday 8/27/07. However, for the Montgomery County PEP class starts on 9/4/07. I'm hoping Howard County also delays the start-date of their equivalent pre-school special education class. (I'll call tomorrow to find out.)
  • This evening, AF bought a two-wheel bike with training wheels for JF. It seems like just yesterday, he was unsteadily trying out the big-wheel tricycle. Could he really be ready for a bicycle? Already? Apparently so. He hopped on and started pedalling as if he'd been doing it for years.

3 comments:

Mom without a manual said...

I am glad to hear that the settlement date is set! Having this piece of chaos move forward will be so helpful! Just think how nice it will be to be in your new place and not have to worry about all of this!

Anonymous said...

Wow! My 8 year old only just learned to ride a bike - you're going great guns.
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

And so now that it's the 28?
Best wishes