Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A quick update

JF's PEP teacher has postponed her home visit until this Friday, because she isn't feeling well. (So I have more time to obsess over the questions I want to ask her.)

Over the weekend, JF has suddenly become more reliable about going to the potty without any prompting. Perhaps he has gradually become more reliable over the past week, but it's hard for us to see it because he is at daycare all day.

Plus, this morning, both times that he peed on the potty, he asked for a sticker, but not an M&M. A week ago, he cried as if the world was ending (apparently) because he couldn't get an M&M. And now he isn't even asking for them? If it had been just once, I would have thought it was strange that he forgot. But twice in a row?

Last night, after JF had peed on the potty, he had asked, "More M?" There were only two left in the zippered baggie in that bathroom, and AF made a point to tell him so. Then AF and I discussed whether we should stop giving him Ms for peeing, when the baggies in each bathroom are used up. We discussed this in front of him, and I know we shouldn't discuss JF in front of him, but if we tried to avoid that, we'd never be able to discuss JF at all. So now I'm wondering, did he understand what we were saying and take it upon himself to stop the M&M rewards?

Time will tell, I guess.

No comments: