Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow

We have ice on top of snow on top of ice. I think the decisions of various powers-that-be reflect how much they value the safety of their employees:
  • Montgomery County schools are closed, which means JF has no PEP class today.
  • JF's daycare is also closed.
  • The federal government is open on a two-hour delay policy, and my employer follows the federal government.

Good thing I brought my laptop home last night, so I can work from home today.

I think the each county government should have control over response to inclement weather. If a county is closed for snow, everyone who lives or works in that county should stay home, except emergency personnel. With fewer of us on the roads, there would be fewer accidents and the road crews can clean up the mess faster.

No comments: